Saturday, February 6, 2016

Welcome Harper Louise Hewitt 1-17-16

Hi sweet baby Harper Louise Hewitt: You joined our family at 9:08 am on Sunday, January 17th, 2016 weighing 7 lbs. 6.2 oz and were 20 inches long! We had lots of family with us at the hospital to welcome you into this world (Mom and Dad, Grandpa John and Grandma Kathy, Papa Joe and Grandma Kayan, Aunt Katie and Aunt Jill)  You were a healthy and very content little gal and we enjoyed our hospital stay at St. Luke's in Sioux City. You complete our family perfectly. 

The night you were born: It was Saturday night and we were winding down for the night; getting your brother and sisters to bed when I noticed a few pains I hadn't felt before. I told your Dad and we decided to go to the hospital just to be sure. Aunt Kimmy and Taylor came over to babysit - Poor Kim wiped out and cut her knee open on the ice at the end of the driveway when they got here. They stayed with Hayley, Hudson, and Hazel all night.  Dad drove me to St. Luke's and Grandma Kathy and Grandpa John met us there. They did some observation of my contractions and I wasn't sure at first if I was in labor or not. About 10 pm I started having pretty strong contractions up at the hospital. They got stronger and closer together and it was decided that you would be arriving soon! I got my epidural as I squeezed daddy's hands and was able to relax a bit. The contractions slowed down so we were waiting all night for your arrival - everyone was exhausted! I got a dose of medicine to strengthen my contractions about 7 am and you arrived at 9:08 am after some pushing. We had a brief moment of panic as your shoulder was stuck but thankfully you were born right after and things were fine.  I loved doing skin time with you and gazing at your sweet little face just seconds after you were born. You nursed well and started eating well right away! We were so thankful for that after having Hazel with so many difficulties eating. You are the sweetest baby and such a joy. 

It was the greatest feeling in the world to have your brother and sisters meet you too. My heart felt like it was going to explode as I watched them come into the room and over to my arms where I was holding you - so sweet! 

Your daddy and I love you so much and are so thankful for you, Hayley, Hudson, and Hazel.  We hit the jackpot with such sweet and adorable kiddos and so many memories we are making. 

Love you baby girl!  Mommy